Obituaries November 6, 2013

 -  -  2

obit BoschPhyllis (Treadwell) Bosch

Phyllis (Treadwell) Bosch, 83, of Bolton, Massachusetts, died on October 24, 2013, at Nashoba Valley Medical Center in Ayer, Massachusetts.

She was born in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, on August 11, 1930, daughter of the late Harry and Mary (Galeucia) Treadwell.

She was the wife of the late F. Michael Bosch.

She grew up in Tewksbury, graduating from Lowell Nursing School and Mass Memorial Nursing School, where she earned her RN.  She worked as a nurse at All Saints Hospital in Lowell, Massachusetts, and in Norwalk Hospital and Danbury Hospital, both in Connecticut.

She was married in 1952 and made her home in Watertown, Billerica, Concord, and Harvard, all in Massachusetts.  After a brief stay in Wilton, Connecticut, she lived in Bolton from 1985 until her death, spending summers in Morgan.

She volunteered as a Girl Scout leader, a hospice nurse, and served in a widow-to-widow program.  She gave to many charitable organizations and was an active member of the church.

She enjoyed quilting, sewing, and cross-stitching.  She especially enjoyed doll collecting and reading.  She played piano all her life and learned the organ in the 1980s.

Her survivors include her children:  Steve M. Bosch of Beverly, Massachusetts, Carol J. Bosch and her husband, John Willett, of Pepperell, Massachusetts, and David A. Bosch and his wife, Penny Schnee-Bosch, of New York, New York; and three grandchildren:  Michael K. Bosch, Matthew A. Bosch-Willett, and Thomas J. Bosch-Willett.  She is also survived by a great-grandson, Nathaniel J. Bosch.

A celebration of her life was held November 2, in West Acton, Massachusetts.

Contributions in her memory may be made to Save The Children at


obit ChristoniThomas J. Christoni

Thomas J. Christoni, 51, of Derby died suddenly, at home, on October 31, 2013.

He loved the Northeast Kingdom and all things related to it.  He was an avid ice fisherman, and enjoyed any kind of salt water or fresh water fishing opportunities.  He loved hunting in the fall with friends and family, and always enjoyed the fruits of his hunts and fresh fish.

He was an avid sports fan — golf was his main passion — and he played very well for having just begun.  Any game that was on, he would be watching.  Baseball, football, basketball and hockey were continually hearing his voice yelling at the television.

He worked for many years at Vermont Aerospace in Lyndonville.  He loved his work there as a machinist, engineer and IT man. He was an extremely dedicated worker, who would never miss a day of work.  He loved all his co-workers — Ken Bean, Joe P., Ed Bedard and Roxanne were just a few that he spoke of daily.

He was a friend to many, and his philosophy was that friends and family were the most important thing.  Nobody should fight and not make up as life was short and you must get along.  His love for his daughter was everlasting and huge — there was not a thing that he would not do for her, his Samantha.

He is survived by his wife Annie; his daughter Samantha; his mother Kay Christoni; his brother John Christoni; his nephew Logan Biscornet; and by his mother-in-law Joan Curtis.  There are too many family members and friends to write.  He was well loved.

He was predeceased by two of his favorite people in the world:  Paul Curtis, his father-in-law, and his brother Jimmy.  The deaths of those men took a hard toll on him, and he missed them dreadfully.  He always said that Paul was his best friend in the world.  And now he can be with them both.

Our world was a better place because of his being here in it for a short time.  He will be dearly missed and never forgotten.

Rock on, Thomas — we will miss you horribly.  Nothing will be the same.

Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m., on Saturday, November 9, at the Curtis-Britch-Converse-Rushford Funeral Home, at 37 Lake Road in Newport, with the Reverend Richard Whitehill officiating.  Friends may call at the funeral home on November 9, from 11 a.m., until the hour of the funeral.  A reception will follow at the East Side Restaurant in Newport.  All are welcome.

Should friends desire, contributions in his memory may be made to the Samantha Christoni Education Fund, Passumpsic Savings Bank, P.O. Box 218, Newport, Vermont 05855.

Online condolences may be sent to the family through the funeral home website at


Carol Allbee Gouin

Carol Allbee Gouin, 83, a lifelong resident of Bow, New Hampshire, died on Monday, October 28, 2013, at the CRNA Hospice House.

She was the daughter of Hiel and Margaret (Dalziel) Allbee.  She was a graduate of Concord High School in the Class of 1948.

She owned and operated the Bow Beauty Shop for over 40 years.

She was a lifelong member of the Bow Mills United Methodist Church, the Bow Heritage Commission, the Bow Conservation Commission, the New Hampshire Cosmetology Association, candlepin bowling leagues, the New Hampshire Sports Car Club and the Sports Car Club of America.  She enjoyed spending summers at Crystal Lake in Barton, fishing with friends.

She is survived by her daughter Marcia LaPierre and her husband, Stephen, of Chazy, New York; her daughter Susan Libby-Andrews and her husband, Wayne Andrews, of Bow; a son, Mark E. Goodwin, and his wife, Brenda, of Bow; a stepdaughter, Louise Carr, and her husband, Byron, of Contoocook, New Hampshire; her grandchildren:  Matthew E. LaPierre, Lisa A. Goodwin, and Heather A. LaPierre; three great-granddaughters; and by many nieces and nephews.

She was predeceased by her husband Zoel A. Gouin; a granddaughter, Erika Goodwin; a great-granddaughter, Sarrah Beth Rabideau-LaPierre; and by her sisters:  Pearl Painchaud and Jane Lindquist.

Graveside services were held November 1, at the Evans Cemetery in Bow.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the charity of one’s choice.

Messages of condolences may be offered at


obit hermanGeorge A. Herman

George A. Herman, 74, of Lawrence, Massachusetts, died on October 12, 2013, surrounded by his family.

He was born on July 14, 1939, in Boxford, Massachusetts, and was the son of the late Bernard and Hazel (Fuller) Herman-Morrison.  He attended schools in Boxford and Andover, Massachusetts.

He worked as an arborist for over 20 years at Valley Tree Service of Groveland, Massachusetts.  He later moved on to Avco Systems Division in Wilmington, Massachusetts, and later retired as a facility maintenance technician from Presidential Gardens of Bradford, Massachusetts.

His favorite hobby was fishing with his sons and grandsons, along with trips to Las Vegas, Nevada, or Foxwoods with his wife, Lorraine.  His life was centered around his loving family and watching the Red Sox!  He was a handy man, who had the knack to be able to fix anything.  He also enjoyed playing cards and working on cars.

He is survived by the love of his life, and wife of 53 years, Lorraine E. (Poore) Herman; and by his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren:  his son George and his wife, Donna, of Derry, New Hampshire, and their six children:  Scott, Christopher, Patrick, Matthew, George, and Adam and his girlfriend, Sheena, and her two kids:  Dezirae and Zakary; daughter Dyana and her husband, Oscar Figueroa, and their two children:  Christian and Noah; son David and wife, Sandrah, of Pepperell, Massachusetts, and their two children:  Devin and Caitlyne; son Michael of Lawrence, Massachusetts, and his daughter, Amber, of Nashua, New Hampshire; daughter Lori and her husband, Paul Smith, of Chester, New Hampshire, and their three children:  Ryan, Tyler, and Kayla, and her son, Evan; and son Timothy of Lawrence, and his two sons:  Andrew and Nicholas of Lincoln, New Hampshire.  He is also survived by his sister Sylvia Lancaster of Brownington; and by many nieces and nephews, and his relatives in the Vermont area.

He was predeceased by his sister Sally Gill of Peabody, Massachusetts.

Memorial contributions in his honor may be made to the American Lung Association of Massachusetts, Inc., 5 Mountain Road, Burlington, Massachusetts 01803.

Condolences may be made at


obit kinseyFrederick Cornelius Kinsey

Frederick C. Kinsey, 87, of Albany, beloved husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather, died on October 29, 2013, at North Country Hospital in Newport, from complications from an undiagnosed collapsed lung, which he got cutting wood.

He was born on December 18, 1925, to Frederick C. Kinsey Sr. and Geneva (Whitcher) Kinsey, at their home on the family farm in Barton.  After his father left, he and his brothers, David and Bob, helped their mother run the farm.  For years they ran a milk route in town.  He graduated in 1944 from Barton Academy where he was in the Future Farmers of America (FFA).  He even traveled to the 1946 FFA convention in St. Louis, where he was named an American Farmer.  He tried to join the armed forces after graduation, but his knees and necessary farm work kept him on the home front.

He and his brother Bob were outstanding athletes at Barton Academy and both were involved in town-team baseball for years after the war.  He had caddied at the Barton Country Club since his youth, and had a lifelong love of golf.

Mr. Kinsey married Louise Rowell on June 7, 1947.  They soon started a farm raising chickens, and had Helen, Leland, and Blaine while on the South Albany farm.  In 1952, they moved to County Road and started their dairy farm.  Natalie and Kyle were born there.  Brother Bob married Louise’s sister, Eunice, and also farmed, and they all ran almost joint operations for years.

Fred and Louise kept farming until 1968, and they continued to live in their home even after the animals and much of the land were sold.

Fred took a job at E.M. Brown & Son in Barton, delivering grain and building supplies, and often even unloading railroad cars of grain with a scoop shovel.  He also had side businesses of lawn care in summer, cutting and selling firewood year-round, and running the family sugaring operation.  When he retired from E.M. Brown, his other work only increased.  As part of his lawn care, he kept the Barton Fire Department grounds, and the East Craftsbury Presbyterian Church, where he and Louise were members, and the Manse grounds, mowed and trimmed gratis.

As a young man, he had played drums in local bands at dance halls and street dances, playing his loved swing music.  His musical ability led him to be a member of the church choir for much of his adult life.

Natalie and her husband, Tom, were able to take him and his family to Scotland a number of times.  He was always interested in history, particularly the Civil War, in which his great-great-grandfather had fought, and been captured, and survived the steamship Sultana explosion while returning prisoners-of-war, which killed 1,900.

He was a participant in the local Civil War Roundtable, and had traveled with groups and family to many of the battlefields of that war, and the terrible prison where his ancestor had been held.

All those who knew him will miss his ready wit and smile.

Private burial in Andersonville Cemetery, where his eldest daughter, Helen, and infant son, Nolan, are also buried.  A service of resurrection was held at the East Craftsbury Presbyterian Church.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Crystal Lake Falls Historical Association of Barton, of which he was a member for years; or ECHO, an anti-hunger organization, 17391 Durance Road, North Fort Meyers, Florida, 33917.


obit MooreBarbara Moore

Barbara Moore, 78, of Newport died on November 2, 2013, in Newport.

She was born in Newport on March 15, 1935, to Leonard and Mamie (Snider) Moore.

Miss Moore spent most of her life in the Newport area except for several years when she became a nun.  At the age of 58, she went back to school, taking courses in liberal arts, and received a bachelor of arts degree from Johnson State College, which she was very proud of.

She also enjoyed crocheting and making ceramics.

She was predeceased by her brother Ronald Moore in 2002.

Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m., on Thursday, November 7, at the Curtis-Britch-Converse-Rushford Funeral Home, at 4670 Darling Hill Road in Newport.  Interment will follow in Maple Hill Cemetery in Stanstead, Quebec.

Online condolences may be sent to the family through the funeral home website at


obit tylerLouis Otis Tyler

Louis Otis Tyler, 87, of Island Pond died on Thursday evening, October 24, 2013, in Newport.

He was born in Oakdale, Connecticut, on April 25, 1926, to Henry and Ida (Parker) Tyler.

He joined the Navy in 1948, stationed in Norfolk, Virginia, serving on the U.S.S. Sierra.  He was honorably discharged on November 12, 1952.

He retired from the James River/AMPAD Corporation paper products mill in North Stratford, New Hampshire, during the mid-to-late-1980s, as a maintenance technician.

He enjoyed motorcycling, playing games on his computer, riding his lawnmower, and driving his car.  He could fix almost anything, especially if it was electrical.  He was quite proud of his cooking skills and sewing abilities.

He is survived by one brother, Harry Tyler, of Uncasville, Connecticut.

Besides his parents, he was predeceased by three brothers, three sisters, and a dear friend, Ernestine Currier.

He will be dearly missed by his friends and neighbors in Island Pond.

No public calling hours or services are planned.

2 recommended
bookmark icon