Frozen pipes at root of Newport house fire

 -  -  140


NEWPORT — In the wake of a house fire here earlier in the month, the Division of Fire Safety is reminding people to avoid using torches to thaw frozen pipes.

The fire at a Lake Road home, owned by Mike and Kristen Anderson, was reported about 9:30 a.m. on February 2.  The Andersons were home at the time.  Heavy fire was found on the second floor and the attic of the house, Assistant State Fire Marshal Tim Angell said in a press release.  After putting the fire out, Newport’s fire chief requested an investigation. 

this story and more in the full edition of this week’s paper. Subscribe now to access our e-version or to have it delivered to your home weekly by selecting a link below:

Annual online subscription

Short-term online subscription

Print subscription

(To find a particular article, search for the corresponding edition of the newspaper)

Share
140 recommended
459 views
bookmark icon